For all you love-birds out there.
1 Venison Heart, trimmed and cut down the middle so it lies flat in a pan
1 baguette, sliced ¼ inch thick pieces
1-2 whole garlic cloves
Favorite preserves (I use prickly pear or mesquite bean jelly)
Hardcore Carnivore Camo seasoning
Chive oil to garnish
1. Dust your venison heart with Hardcore Carnivore seasoning on both sides.
2. Place cast iron pan on medium high, add olive oil and a tablespoon of butter.
3. Treat venison as if it were a steak and sear 2-3 minutes per side depending on thickness taking care not to overcook, it is best served medium-rare.
4. Remove heart and let it rest for 10 minutes.
5. Wipe your pan gently and toast your baguette slices until golden brown.
6. While warm rub with garlic to infuse.
7. Smear with goat cheese and a dollop of preserves.
8. After heart has rested, slice thin and top your crostini with one to two slices.
9. A dash of chive oil seals the deal. Enjoy!