The perfect recipe for a weeknight, I concocted this delicious soup out of sheer laziness. Simple and tasty wild game recipes are always my favorite!
- 1 package of pasta noodles- lasagna, bowtie or penne work well
- 1 Pound Ground venison or ground venison sausage
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- Sweet basil
- Tomatoes of choice. You can use fresh from the garden, 1 can of crushed tomatoes or your favorite pasta sauce to make this an even quicker dinner to whip up!
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese to top
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add your pasta noodles of choice and cook till al dente. If using a larger noodle such as lasagna be sure to break up the noodles.
- Meanwhile heat olive oil in a large Dutch Oven on medium-high heat. Add the chopped onion and cook till translucent. Add the venison, garlic and oregano. Sautee and break up the venison until meat is browned.
- Add chicken stock and tomato option of choice. Simmer and break up the tomatoes till the consistency is what you like. If you need more liquid you can add more stock or a cup of water.
- Once the base has reached the consistency and amount that you like you can add the noodles into the pot along with basil and heavy cream. Stir to combine.
- Serve in deep bowls and top with parmesan cheese and more basil.
How much oregano and basil? I just go to the garden and use what I can. Be sure to taste as you go and you can always add more. Be creative and add your own twist on this easy dish!